We often meet youth tendencies, but fashion is for everyone, so we’ve prepared trendy hairstyles for women over 50. Hairstyles for middle-aged women are not very different, but must be chosen competently. You should pay attention to nuances that emphasize the benefits of your face and hair structure. At the same time, it is necessary to avoid elements that make you look older. We’ll tell you about these secrets, based on Haartrends 2018.
Read our “2018 Hair Trends: Win-Win Hairstyles for Women Over 50” article.
Hairstyles for women over 50: Medium and long options
The most recommended hairstyles for women over 50 are short. But if you like longer options and have healthy hair, why not?
- 2018 hair trends allow several options including 80 th style voluminous layers. It is a good idea to remember your rebellious youth, to give lively thin hair and to be especially fashionable!
- Another disco-time trend that you can keep with youth – free natural curls. But do not overdo the heat styling – it will hurt the hair too much! Such hairstyles for middle-aged women are great for dense African hair owners.
- All layered haircuts are made for you! Combine them with hair contours for the best result. Remember the main styling rule: lines that are turned to face make this part thinner, from which turned – bigger.
- Make elegant classic hairstyles with wavy hair, voluminous buns and pigtails.
- Long side balls look fresh and emphasize your fine taste!
Hairstyles for middle-aged women: Short options
Short hairstyles for women over 50 remain popular because of the practicality. But of course we will pay attention to beauty and 2018 hair trends! Let’s see what’s hot this season.
- Long bob and side long pony accentuates your eyes. Such a picture is very delicate and fresh. Bob will not look “hard-weight”, old-fashioned as in 60 th! Add feathers, slight asymmetry, some prickly streaks – such hairstyles for middle-aged women make them look almost 10 years younger.
- Prickly strands with the right color make the hair look happy and emphasize the beauty of the face.
- Do not make too short whiskers and microspheres if it does not suit you 100%! Everything visually adds age.
- Braided bangs looks very sweet and fit 2018 hair trends. Make them brave, if the length allows it.
2018 hair trends: color choice after 50
Color almost plays a major role in hairstyles for women over 50! Usually we read about so many taboos … are they really that “dangerous”? We do not believe that! Everything is individual, so if you have doubts and want to wear “forbidden” color, take the advice of a good stylist. Or do a simple test – find the textile of the color you want and bring it close to your face. Look critically – did it make your face more beautiful or accentuated? If you have the first case, try the color of your dreams!
- Remember, paint on gray hair may be lighter than in the catalog. And it washes off sooner. You should better use special products for them.
- Rock your gray hair! It is included in 2018 hair trends! So your young friends suffer from aggressive bleaching to get refined silvery shades. But so-called trendy granny hair is not really gray itself. You need a good gentle toning to exclude brass. Or use special shampoos for gray hair with very soft bluish pigments. Be sure, trendy silver hair will decorate all hairstyles for women over 50 worthy!
- Has some gray hair? Maybe soft highlights or darker ones will hide it better than monochrome coloring. By the way, flashing highlights make the styling look airy and you – younger.
- Stylists often do not recommend dark colors after 50, but just look at these elegant ladies!
- Who says it is not time to dye brightly? Here we just see another myth! Rock with cool bright colors, harmonious with your eye and skin color.
Hopefully, our article “2018 Hair Trends: Win-Win Hairstyles for Women Over 50” has shown you: Beauty has no age limit!